Our Vision – Ár bhFís
Sliabh Fuait is a vibrant, attractive and welcoming area with high civic pride where culture, history and heritage is celebrated and preserved.
Our Mission – Ár Misean
We will realise the potential of Sliabh Fuait in a way which benefits the local community, by raising awareness of the history, beauty and natural resources of the area
Who We Are – Cé Muid
Sliabh Fuait is a mountain range in County Armagh which, according to a number of sources, encompasses Lisnadill, Ballymacnab, Clady, Granemore, Newtownhamilton, Darkley, Mullyash, Keady, Lagan, Carnagh, Derrynoose and towards Monaghan. Carrickatuke is the highest point of the mountain range and the area is currently one of great natural beauty but also, regrettably, an area that has been neglected throughout the years in terms of infrastructure, investment and upkeep.
Due to this neglect, the Sliabh Fuait area, Carrickatuke in particular, became one which attracted anti-social behaviour such as littering, illegal dumping and underage drinking. In March 2018 a group of local people came together in order to address these concerns and to work to ensure that the area receives better support and investment in the future. The voluntary group, Friends of Sliabh Fuait, was formed and have been working together ever since in order to increase awareness of the potential of Sliabh Fuait and to improve the image and reputation of the area.
Since March 2018, Friends of Sliabh Fuait have carried out a number of actions in order to raise the profile of ‘the Carrick’ and the surrounding Sliabh Fuait area. These have included clean ups of the area, organising a festival during the summer and by being active on social media and in local media to promote the area and the work of the group.
Our Values – Ár Luachanna
We will work in the following ways:
- Improve infrastructure and services in the area
- Raise awareness of the history and folklore associated with Sliabh Fuait locally and further afield.
- Protect the environment in Friends of Sliabh Fuait and ensure the safeguarding of nature and wildlife in the area.
- Improve the quality of life of those living in and around Sliabh Fuait
- Develop and promote Carrickatuke and Sliabh Fuait as a tourist attraction
- Develop strategic contacts, networks and relationships locally and further afield
- Grow and strengthen Friends of Sliabh Fuait as a not-for-profit community organisation
Development Plan available to download here
Help us realise the potential of Sliabh Fuait in a way which benefits the local community, by raising awareness of the history, beauty and natural resources of the area.
Our vision is a Sliabh Fuait that is a vibrant, attractive and welcoming area with high civic pride where culture, history and heritage is celebrated and preserved.
Play your part!